The Best of the Recent Rest
You know you're busy when...
Ever have no time to blog, or do any other precious activity?
As it was my wife's and my 9th wedding anniversary this past week (do I hear a Beatles "Number Nine" coming on?)...
...and as I was busy producing my Streamlining your Voiceover Workflow in Reaper Training Modules which you should sign up for post-haste...
...both took me out of commission for a bit.
So! What does one do when one has no time to write one's blog? Why, rehash the best of previous favorites, that is what! So, with that, I bid you enjoy Josh's best selection of Josh's Greatest Voiceover Blog Hits by Josh.
If you are new to the Voice Actor Blog, welcome. If you are not new, then please do make sure you get a tune-up by following the links below. Tune-ups and periodic maintenance are, after all, of critical importance to ensure that you are staying in tip-top voiceover shape.
And to keep you in tip-top shape for good, check out this fine selection of ten best recent reads that you may have missed:
NO THANKS. I ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING: For those wonderful voiceover newbies who think they have it all already figured out. Allow me to clarify: they do not. Nor do I, after all this time, either.
HOW NOT TO FLY A DRONE INTO A TREE: Keep your wits - and your vision - about you in voiceovers and in life. You are going to need them. And be nice to your mailman: someday you may need them.
IT’S NOT YOU, IT’S ME: The perfect blog article to offend someone with.
I KINDA LIKE BEING A STORYTELLER: As always, my 5-year-old makes excellent blog fodder.
THE INTREPID TALE OF A VOICEOVER ARTIST IPHONE-ADDICT GUY: I am just going to go out on a limb here and invite any of my readers to always buy me the next generation iPhone. Please. I need it for voiceovers, I assure you.
A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR BIBBIDI-BOBBIDI-BOO: One of my favorites! In this blog, I dash your voiceover hopes and dreams, and cause you to grovel in the dust. What's that? Oh, do not mention it! You are most welcome.
WHY I CHOSE VOICEOVERS INSTEAD OF ETERNAL TORMENT: Do you have a career that you loathe entirely and want to renounce for the glory of voiceovers? I did too. Left it behind like a cold, abandoned wet slice of soggy pizza drenched in a puddle of rain water after having been run over by the garbage truck on a Tuesday morning in the balmy suburbs of Chattanooga.
LEARN HOW TO WRITE – AND THEN COME BACK AND HIRE ME: Yes, this one is about voiceover script writers. Bad script writers. Script writers who should not in fact be... script writers.
THE SCINTILLATING SAGA OF VICTOR & VICKY VOICEOVER AND CARL THE CURIOUSLY COVERLESS COVID-GUY: I am not just another pretty face behind the mic. I can wax poetic about social injustice like the best of them. In this statement I presume that a group out there named "them" does in fact wax poetic about social injustice. And finally...
YOU DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! Hey. We are voice talent. Bossing people around is our honorable profession. Why else do you think I do it. Read this blog. It will be good, I assure you. See? I just bossed you again. And you will probably obey.
Honorable mention just because: "THE 10-MILE VOICEOVER". This one is great because I am positive I was almost eaten by a bear.
There! I can check off my "Write a New Blog" task for this week with some glorious rehash, and I get to join the ranks of all of those sitcoms that were too lazy to come up with something new for that week, so they made you review all the best highlights.
You are cordially invited to put these in your pipe and RE-smoke them.
Final Bullet Points:
- Like this blog? My children are counting on you to put bread on our table through the purchase of one of my books. By the way, low-guilt-trip sales pushes are my specialty
- NOTE: This blog is purely for commentary / educational / entertainment purposes. I make no money from these blogs; though I do not refuse large cash gifts if it means I can pretend I'm a church
- Check out my whole UNIVERSE of blogs right HERE!
- This is a fourth bullet point.
AND HEY! WAIT JUST A S.E.C.!
- S-UBSCRIBE & S-HARE!: If you enjoyed this blog, please consider subscribing and sharing with friends and family, and encouraging them to subscribe and share. Offer treats for doing so.
- E-NCOURAGE: Go encourage someone else today with a single, simple sentence of affirmation. Tell them, “I like your earrings”, unless of course they are manly men, in which case you should compliment them on the size of their chainsaw.
- C-OMMENT: I want to hear from you. Please feel free to comment below! Comments with lots of “You’re wonderful” or “You’re the best” will receive instant approval and acclaim.
Seattle Voice Actor & Voiceover Artist for hire